Excel Truck Group supports nine very distinct markets across Virginia, North and South Carolina as a Truck Dealership providing products and services to the commercial transportation industry. We are the supplier of choice for new and used truck sales, service, parts and lease or financing support.
Job Title: Service Technical Support Manager
Date: February 19, 2021
1 | SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Leads and supports our Excel Truck Service Department(s) in multiple areas strengthening our customer’s experience. Works closely with our Management Team towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with our company’s vision and values. Assists our Service Manager(s) by establishing plans and strategies to expand the customer base in their truck service area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs. Able to leverage our strengths departmentally, by dealership and as a Company.
2 | MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The technical “go to” person for any truck repair issue that is resulting in lost hours without resolution. Shares knowledge with our Service Teams supporting the Throughput of our Service Departments. Develops protocols to maximize our Technician’s understanding of when to stop diagnosing and ask for assistance to affectively address the repair.
· Provides Breakdown assistance – collaborating with other dealerships on behalf of our Excel customers to quickly move their trucks through the repair process and ensure the communication of status is in place via Service Tracker, etc.
· Develops and strengthens our customer relationships as a technical point of contact for our dealership’s key Fleet Customers. Utilizes Detroit Connect products/tools to provide an enhanced service experience. Understands and maximizes the value of DTNA’s portfolio of digital solutions available to navigate and solve customer needs. Coaches and educates our customers on the digital tools and features available to them.
· Maximizes the flow of Repair Orders within the Service Department and effectively works closely with our Service Managers and Fixed Operations Management Team. Actively supports and leads our Elite Support Continuous Improvement events and initiatives. Supports our Service Manager to achieve “Throughput” targets.
· Communicates our customer opportunities across all departments and shares appropriate solutions.
· As our Fleet Customers’ needs evolve and opportunities develop (Continuous Improvement Events), this role will coordinate communications with our Service Management Team. Providing clear, consistent communication, leveraging communication tools such as Service Tracker.
· Works closely to ensure that our Dealership’s Service Technicians and Management Team are maximizing our EA/ER efficiency and our overall customer’s experience.
· Works closely with our Service Trainers to build a strong process for developing a training path that supports our Technicians and our OEM’s certification requirements.
· Provides Vocational & Body Builder Support – body interfacing with chassis, parameters – engine, body and Smartplex (Chec tool).
· Reports to the Service Management Team and Director(s) of Fixed Operations regarding progress on issues that are identified, pending, or resolved.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes. Leads by example and embraces our Elite Support principles and our Company’s commitment to Safety.
3 | ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports directly to the Director of Fixed Operations for that Dealership Group. In addition, this position can support all other departments as needed to support our customer’s experience and meet their expectations. While the above outlines the position, additional duties may and will be assigned as needed in support of our Company.